So, here’s the biggest question for this episode? What did you think of Scott’s singing? Yeah, not that great, and that is why (thankfully) the singing lasts for only a few seconds.
What did we learn from this episode:
- Compact discs are not dead yet, and work great when you’re in a pinch to get your media heard.
- Asking for feedback can be unnerving, especially when it comes from close friends and family. But it is helpful.
- Jennifer, aka JennySue Makeup is now known as “The Reluctant Co-Host”. However, she is sponsoring this episode, which is much appreciated. Stop by her shop page here and “Shop her Look“.
- You can also follow her on Instagram and shop her looks.
- Starting a new venture can be scary at times. Here are two ways to soften that fear.
- First, picture yourself stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway, but instead of getting frustrated, think of yourself in the fastest moving lane. Sure, you’re going way below the speed limit, but those poor souls in the lane next to you aren’t even budging.
- Second, add this quote you wherever you stash favorite quotes. “Doubt, of whatever kind, can be ended by action alone. – Thomas Carlyle | Click to Tweet
- “Don’t take your feelings out on your employees” as Jack quoted from what he read about in the book, “Who Was Steve Jobs?“
- It goes without saying, but Moms are super important. Jennifer is a fantastic mom to our three children. In fact, many of her blog posts, such as this one are inspired by her kids. Also, Scott’s mom, an English literature major, helped teach Scott lessons growing up through literary works. A favorite poem his mom taught him is, “The Road Not Taken” by American poet, Robert Frost. This is your homework assignment for this week, as Scott will dive deeper on this poem in the next episode.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining Jennifer and me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave us a message in the comment section below!
But, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it using
the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Yeah, uh, we don’t have those installed just yet. Oops. Regardless, you know how to copy and paste a link into whatever social media site you desire, right?
Also, please leave an honest review for “Making It Up As We Grow” on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! Here is a simple “walk through” I made to help you understand how to review it on your iPhone. Each Rating, Review and Subscription matters a ton in how our show is ranked and we read all of them (sometimes twice in one day)!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, and follow us on social media.
Huge thanks to Jack, Lacie and Ashley for joining us this time! See you next episode.
- Music for this Episode: Birocratic – His discography is awesome. Stop by and buy his music.
- Website design: Carolyn Marquez at RunRuffian
- Behind the scenes
- Get updates on new episodes
- Find out about how we did this