This is Part 1 of a 2 part interview I did with my wife, Jennifer. The self proclaimed “reluctant co-host” of this podcast. She discusses how she became interested in makeup, and takes us through how despite setbacks and changes in her life, she always knew her natural skills would serve her well.
Listening to Jennifer speak with such passion about her lifetime fascination with makeup and painting faces as she refers to it, I walked away from our quick sit down with a new perspective on my wife of almost 14 years… mainly that this was no accident that Jennifer does what she does, sure there were events leading up to it but she has a true artistic gift that can positively impact the lives of others. I truly think it’s been her destiny since the age of 4. Simply Follow your passions and love what you do. Trust me, people will notice.
Some Key Takeaways from this week’s episode:
- Setbacks in life are inevitable. If and when it does happen to you. Take a deep breath and then try to figure out how you’re going to tackle it.
- Here’s a tip for you guys out there…knowing the difference between strip false lashes and individual falsies (that’s an industry term right there) can make quite an impact when you are attempting to compliment a lady on her eye makeup. It works. I’ve done it and will set you apart from the rest. But a word of caution. Time and place is everything when attempting this.
- Quote from Anna Wintour, Founder & Editor of Vogue Magazine. “Create your own style…let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.”
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining Jennifer and me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave us a message in the comment section below!
But, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Yeah, uh, we don’t have those installed just yet. Oops. Regardless, you know how to copy and paste a link into whatever social media site you desire, right?
Also, please leave an honest review for “Making It Up As We Grow” on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! Here is a simple “walk through” I made to help you understand how to review it on your iPhone. Each Rating, Review and Subscription matters a ton in how our show is ranked and we read all of them (sometimes twice in one day)!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, and follow us on social media.
Huge thanks to Jack, Lacie and Ashley for joining us this time! See you next episode.
- Behind the scenes
- Get updates on new episodes
- Find out about how we did this