If you had asked me earlier this year – Which social media platform is the go to source for sharing what you wore, what you ate or where you travelled? I would’ve said, “I don’t know” and guessed that Facebook, Twitter and Instagram were pretty much all the same. But there’s really no question on which one is King. That’s Instagram. It’s not just for photo sharing anymore. It’s big business and the stats back it up.
In this podcast episode Jennifer and I celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary by staying at the beautiful Hotel Indigo in Athens, Georgia. Join us as you hear our candid conversation as we discuss some of the steps Jennifer has taken in order to grow her JennySue Makeup Instagram page by 27% over the last 15 weeks.
Some steps she has taken to grow her followers include, strategic giveaways, only posting pictures in the “square” format, commenting on other accounts and leveraging her self-professed very strong emoji game, among other tactics.
But it’s not just Jennifer who is turning to Instagram to help tell her overall brand story. Other bloggers, companies and small businesses are also seeing success with their Instagram account. One of the most telling articles on the impact of Instagram in the social media universe can be seen from a Forrester Research study conducted in 2014.
Hear are some other topics and people discussed in this episode.
- Jennifer mentioned Jessica Camerata, she’s a co-founder of the Southern Blog Society, and sent us the tweet from the Atlanta airport mentioned in this episode. Jessica’s cute fashion blog is My Style Vita.
- Naturally, Scott heads up the Instagram and Twitter account for this podcast but he also has his own film production company where he makes small videos and movies for people who want to take those videos just wasting away on their personal devices and make them into something more memorable. JaWaViFilms Instagram :: JaWaViFilms Twitter :: JaWaViFilms Website
- AllGood Lounge is one of our favorite bars to hang out in or grab a quick happy hour drink. It’s the one with the cool spiral staircase.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining Jennifer and me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave us a message in the comment section below!
But, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Yeah, uh, we don’t have those installed just yet. Oops. Regardless, you know how to copy and paste a link into whatever social media site you desire, right?
Also, please leave an honest review for “Making It Up As We Grow” on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! Here is a simple “walk through” I made to help you understand how to review it on your iPhone. Each Rating, Review and Subscription matters a ton in how our show is ranked and we read all of them (sometimes twice in one day)!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, and follow us on social media.
Music for this Episode: Birocratic – His discography is awesome. Stop by and buy his music. Additional Music was by Macroform. You can find his music here.
Website design: Carolyn Marquez at RunRuffian
- Behind the scenes
- Get updates on new episodes
- Find out about how we did this